LGMA Queensland offers two mentoring programmes that are designed to provide personalised professional development, career advancement and networking opportunities. It is a highly flexible programme aimed at officers within local government who aspire to further their careers within the sector.
The programme aims to support and guide local government officers to:
- Broaden their knowledge of leadership and local government business;
- Build their networks both internally and externally;
- Create career development opportunities; and
- Engage with senior leaders
Both programmes run for eight months and include an introductory forum that enables participants to undertake a self-analysis of where they are at in their career, what might be holding them back and what areas they may need to work on from a leadership and communication perspective.
Each participant is matched with a mentor, who will meet them either in person or via phone, on a regular basis to discuss ways to develop their career. Participants will undertake a series of modules designed to enhance their professional development and assist them in developing the mentor relationship.
The two mentoring programmes are:
1. Women in Local Government Mentoring Programme
This mentoring programme is tailored to women in Queensland local government who are committed to personal growth and career progression. This programme is face to face and includes the following workshops:
2. Mentoring Minds
- Vision, Goal-setting and Strategic Planning;
- Commercial Acumen and Reporting;
- People and Leadership;
- Presentation skills, networking and self-promotion;
- Work Life Balance
This mentoring programme includes a face to face introductory forum and is then followed by a series of e-learning modules covering:
- Vision, goal-setting and strategic planning;
- Conducting effective meetings and negotiations;
- People and leadership;
- Presentation skills, networking and self-promotion; and
- Working in a political environment.
If you are interested in either of these programmes in 2017, please contact LGMA Queensland. For further information regarding the mentor programmes, please contact:
Chief Executive Officer
Phone: (07) 3174 5003