This forum is designed as an informative workshop allowing delegates to meet with other like-minded professionals to network, collaborate and share experiences and ideas.
Is your council ready for community engagement?
As a public sector leader, when thinking about where you and your organisation are at with “community engagement”, here are seven questions to ask yourself:
- Community Engagement
- Community Relations
- Waste Recovery and
- Governance Officers.
1. Does your organisation have strong relationships with the community?
2. Do staff operate in an authorised environment to respond quickly and effectively to community ideas?
3. Do staff know who gets to speak on behalf of your organisation and when?
4. Is your communication style outward looking, offering clear and compelling information?
5. Do staff have agreed frameworks for when to engage and how?
6. Are staff skilled and confident at facilitating community dialogue?
7. Does your organisation critically evaluate the success of community engagement?
If you can’t answer “yes” to all of these questions, then you should sign up to this programme!
The cutting-edge curriculum is built on OurSay’s unique and industry-backed format and approach. This practical programme is designed to build a culture of excellence and a commitment with internal change agents who need to translate their council’s community engagement policy, framework and standardised approach into a daily reality.
OurSay 's methodology and approach for the programme is founded on capacity building using both “co-design” and “train-the-trainer” philosophies who believe the reflection of participants throughout the programme are ideal inputs for hardcoding a council’s commitment to public participation. The session focuses on changing mindsets, skillsets and building the knowledge base to turn any council into an "engaging council"….
CEO/Head of Consulting, OurSay
Engagement specialist Matt is a recovering public servant-turned-entrepreneur with working experience across resource recovery, land-use planning and civic technology. He brings a grounded influence in teams to stay on track and focus on long term goals.
For enquiries, please contact LGMA on 07 3174 5006 or email email@example.com