The 2019 Propeller Programme workshops are held across various Queensland councils and locations will be advised.
View the Propeller Brochure here.
|Wednesday, 3 April|
| Wednesday 15 and Thursday 16 May|
| Wednesday 12 and Thursday 13 June|
| Wednesday 7 August|
| Wednesday 9 and Thursday 10 October.|
Key elements of the programme include:
- Exposing participants to a broad range of local government experiences and insights at a shire, city, regional and aboriginal council perspective
- In small teams, participants self-manage 1-2 workshops, necessitating the use of good communication skills, a high level of negotiation and influencing skills, project management and interpersonal skills
- Local government case studies and other learning materials that can be readily applied to daily leadership and management practices in a work environment are explored and evaluated
- Participation in the group project and memories.
The locations of the eight (8) workshops are varied each year. For maximum exposure and experience for participants we attempt to include; shire, regional, metropolitan and aboriginal councils as workshop destinations and hosts.
However, as an indication of the scope and costs of the programme, host councils during the 2018 programme included:
- Sunshine Coast Council
- Rockhampton Regional Council
- Livingstone Shire Council
- Wujal Wujal Aboriginal Shire Council
- Douglas Shire Council
- Central Highlands Regional Council
- Gympie Regional Council
- Noosa Council
Thank you to the 2018 hosting councils for their generosity and hospitality!
Indicative workshop topics:
- Introductory forum: self-awareness and self-development
- Mentoring and coaching
- Community Engagement
- Exposure to local government from varying perspectives: rural, regional, metropolitan, political
- Maintaining a leading and learning perspective
- Twenty-four (24) places are available for the 2019 programme
- Applicants are required to have one (1) year’s experience working in local government
- There are no age restrictions for selection
- Nomination forms require sign-off by the CEO or an appointed CEO delegate
- Successful nominees will be notified by a letter of acceptance.
- Participants are required to attend all sessions and workshops – 10 in total
- Time commitment for meeting and working on the workshops and project report
- Travel time
Why is Propeller for You?
- Exciting, interactive and comprehensive programme designed to develop future leaders in local government
- Practical, ‘hands on’ programme that provides outstanding networking opportunities and skill development
- Clear objectives designed to enhance each participant’s outcome
- Relevant research, expert speakers, practical exercises
- Learn from host councils
For further information:
Level 7, Quay Central
95 North Quay
Brisbane Qld 4000
Telephone: 07 3174 5005