This six-month programme includes:
- Personalised mentor/mentee matching
- A monthly, one-hour meeting with your mentor (usually phone, skype or similar)
- Six online learning modules for mentees
Module 1: Introduction to Mentoring
This initial module sets the scene for the Programme as it outlines roles and responsibilities, expectations, setting up regular meetings and reviewing meeting agendas, reflection and journaling.
Module 2: Vision, Goal-setting and Career Planning
You will learn to identify a vision and path that reflects your values and passions and will create a strategic map for personal growth and the accomplishment of that vision.
Module 3: Understanding Yourself and Others
This module includes emotional intelligence and emotional triggers, and has you identifying your personal challenges and means to address these challenges effectively.
Module 4: Performance Management
Managing your own performance is critical to developing any career. This section will consider how to quantify your performance, receive and provide feedback and take ownership of your outcomes.
Module 5: Personal Branding
Your personal brand is your key to the future career you desire. Understand what your brand is and learn how to manage it to ensure the best possible outcomes.
Module 6: Networking
The ability to develop networks is critical and allows you to learn from others, develop support mechanisms and maintain perspective. This session will consider how to develop effective networks and focus on quality rather than quantity in maintaining the right connections.
Six months with approximately 6 hours per month. Modules released to mentees at 30-day increments.
- Members of Local Government Managers Australia are eligible to apply for this Programme.
- Mentee places are limited, and applications will be accepted on a combination of first come – first served and merit basis (at the discretion of the Programme Facilitator).
- All mentors and mentees will sign a Mentoring Programme Agreement to ensure that both parties will fulfill their commitment and act responsibly towards each other.
- Applications may be submitted at any stage. This Programme has rolling start dates.
The mentee participant cost for the LGMA Queensland Mentoring Programme is $595.00 (inclusive of GST) for existing LGMA Queensland Members. There is no fee for the Mentors accepted into this Programme.
Contact 07 3174 5006 or email firstname.lastname@example.org