The 2019 Propeller Programme workshops are held across various Queensland councils and locations.
View the Propeller Brochure here.
|Wednesday 3 April|
|Wednesday 15 - Thursday 16 May|
|Wednesday 12 - Thursday 13 June|
|Wednesday 7 August|
|Wednesday 9 - Thursday 10 October.|
Key elements of the programme include:
Exposing participants to a broad range of local government experiences and insights at a shire, city, regional and aboriginal council perspective
In small teams, participants self-manage 1-2 workshops, necessitating the use of good communication skills, a high level of negotiation and influencing skills, project management and interpersonal skills
Local government case studies and other learning materials that can be readily applied to daily leadership and management practices in a work environment are explored and evaluated
Participation in the group project and memories.
The locations of the eight (8) workshops are varied each year. For maximum exposure and experience for participants we attempt to include; shire, regional, metropolitan and aboriginal councils as workshop destinations and hosts.
However, as an indication of the scope and costs of the programme, host councils during the 2019 programme include:
- Banana Shire Council
- Fraser Coast Regional Council
- Isaac Regional Council
- Lockyer Valley Regional Council
- Redland City Council
- South Burnett Regional Council
- Tablelands Regional Council
- Yarrabah Aboriginal Shire Council
Indicative workshop topics:
- Introductory forum: self-awareness and self-development
- Mentoring and coaching
- Community Engagement
- Exposure to local government from varying perspectives: rural, regional, metropolitan, political
- Maintaining a leading and learning perspective
- Twenty-four (24) places are available
- Applicants are required to have one (1) year’s experience working in local government
- There are no age restrictions for selection
- Nomination forms require sign-off by the CEO or an appointed CEO delegate
- Successful nominees will be notified by a letter of acceptance.
- Participants are required to attend all sessions and workshops – 10 in total
- Time commitment for meeting and working on the workshops and project report
- Travel time
Why is Propeller for You?
- Exciting, interactive and comprehensive programme designed to develop future leaders in local government
- Practical, ‘hands on’ programme that provides outstanding networking opportunities and skill development
- Clear objectives designed to enhance each participant’s outcome
- Relevant research, expert speakers, practical exercises
- Learn from host councils.
For further information:
Level 7, Quay Central
95 North Quay
Brisbane Qld 4000
Telephone: 07 3174 5005