Nominations for the 2019 Propeller Programme are open. The closing date for Nominations has been extended to Wednesday 6th February!! Please find the Brochure and Nomination Form here.
Key elements of the programme include:
- Exposing participants to a broad range of local government experiences and insights at a shire, city, regional and aboriginal council perspective
- In small teams, participants self-manage 1-2 workshops, necessitating the use of good communication skills, a high level of negotiation and influencing skills, project management and interpersonal skills
- Local government case studies and other learning materials that can be readily applied to daily leadership and management practices in a work environment are explored and evaluated
- Participation in the group project and memories.
The locations of the eight (8) workshops are varied each year. For maximum exposure and experience for participants we attempt to include; shire, regional, metropolitan and aboriginal councils as workshop destinations and hosts.
However, as an indication of the scope and costs of the programme, host councils during the 2018 programme included:
- Sunshine Coast Council
- Rockhampton Regional Council
- Livingstone Shire Council
- Wujal Wujal Aboriginal Shire Council
- Douglas Shire Council
- Central Highlands Regional Council
- Gympie Regional Council
- Noosa Council
Thank you to the 2018 hosting councils for their generosity and hospitality!
Full details for 2019 will be provided at the Introductory Forum.
Indicative workshop topics:
- Introductory forum: self-awareness and self-development
- Mentoring and coaching
- Community Engagement
- Exposure to local government from varying perspectives: rural, regional, metropolitan, political
- Maintaining a leading and learning perspective
- Twenty-four (24) places are available for the 2019 programme
- Applicants are required to have one (1) year’s experience working in local government
- There are no age restrictions for selection
- Nomination forms require sign-off by the CEO or an appointed CEO delegate
- Successful nominees will be notified by a letter of acceptance
- Applications close at 17.00 on Friday, 18 January, 2019
- Participants are required to attend all sessions and workshops – 10 in total
- Time commitment for meeting and working on the workshops and project report
- Travel time
Why is Propeller for You?
- Exciting, interactive and comprehensive programme designed to develop future leaders in local government
- Practical, ‘hands on’ programme that provides outstanding networking opportunities and skill development
- Clear objectives designed to enhance each participant’s outcome
- Relevant research, expert speakers, practical exercises
- Learn from host councils
For further information:
Level 7, Quay Central
95 North Quay
Brisbane Qld 4000
Telephone: 07 3174 5005